Wednesday, July 21, 2010

'imagine 88'


see that tat on my right wrist?
his my main man...mr. john lennon. arrogant or not
channeled a wave inside my depth.
when i was relentlessly sick with chronic fatigue i tapped into my need for music and my apparent connection with its roots.
i found lyrics efforless and melodies easy to construct. now i cant image my life without singing and when i decided to get a musical tatoo it only made sense to pay homage to him. I found it far too cliche and obvious (two things i hate to be) to get music notes.
instead after watching the 'Image' documentary, my opinion of music changed. the 88 is my lucky number (in 8) but also singificant as it popped up everywhere in the doco and his biography. The number of his house, places, records, millions, and he was shot on the 8th 1980...i later had my brothers intials added but thats a whole other story in itself. M.L. Imagine may not be my ultimate favourite song to listen to but it is my favourite song ever from a writing point of view. it has instant heart, connection, depth. it is easy and catchy. the melody and keys are genius and accessable and the message pure and simple. it suites all occasions and is timeless. not many can make a timeless tune- perhaps sir elton john and of course Micheal Jackson. Lennon and I had that moment. I have had a few in my life thus far. You know those moments where everything stops. something shifts. you change for the better, you have an epiphany, your eyes open, your weighless. its white, its God. whatever it is its magnificent. so it s only fitting i have him on my body- as part of my story- another dab of ink to the kapella canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment